Re: Indexes in Union Views

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 15:23:50 +0100

As well as looking at UNION ALL, you need to look at partition views - check my web-site for a couple of articles. Partition views are a deprecated feature, but they still work in current versions of Oracle.

In newer versions (you really ought to upgrade from 8.0.5) Oracle has all sorts of clever optimisation paths which mean that you can frequently get the benefits of partition views on any type of UNION ALL views.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminar - UK, April 3rd - 5th

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:

<32fe19ad.0204021332.dd8b022_at_posting.google.com>...