Re: Update All Tables Containing Column

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 16:18:39 +0200

On Sat, 06 Apr 2002 11:58:29 GMT, "Linda Turner" <LindaTurner_at_cdgx.com> wrote:

>I am new to Oracle. We don't use Pl/SQL at our site, since we use
>3-rd party software. I need to look through the Oracle dictionary
>(user_tab_columns) for all tables containing a particular column
>("USERID"), and update that to a different value.
>
>Can someone provide me with a brief example of how to do this in
>PL/SQL?

I assume you take it for granted everyone here knows which version you are using. Regrettably the answer is version dependent, and you can't expect anyone to write code for all available versions.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Apr 06 2002 - 08:18:39 CST