v$open_cursor.sql_text showing "table_4_200_5e14_0_0_0 "??

From: john <jmsalvo_at_ihug.com.au>
Date: 6 Apr 2002 05:14:50 -0800

I am trying to figure out why v$open_cursor.sql_text is showing things like "table_4_xxxx_x_x_x_x", the reason being that these entries in v$open_cursor has the most number of entries in v$open_cursor. database clients are JDBC Thin drivers against Oracle 8.1.7.x on Solaris 8.

Since these tables are not really tables ( nor are they real objects in the sense that they are not in ALL_OBJECTS ), here is what I can just assume:

  1. Parallel query execution -- I had a few tables / indexes that had a DEGREE of default. But even after ALTERing them to be NOPARALLEL ( and even restarting the clients using these tables ), the entries are still there.
  2. Partitioned tables -- Although I have partitioned tables, these tables are owned by another user and are not accessed from the offending client.
  3. (B)LOB -- Recalling that LOBs are moved out of the table ( but still in the tablespace ) when the size gets to 4K or more, this is the most likely candidate, although the documentation does not specifically say how LOBs are named when stored outside of the table. However, I also recall reading the LOBs are named with something like SYS$xxxxx.

Any ideas? Received on Sat Apr 06 2002 - 07:14:50 CST