Create a DBLINK from a Oracle 8i DB to an Oracle 7 database ?

From: Nick Palmer <nick_at_kcicorp.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:53:33 -0800

Hi all,

I've got a question. Is it possible to create a dblink from an Oracle 8i DB to and Oracle 7 DB, obiviously on two seperate boxes. I've tried doing it thru DBA Studio, but I can't seem to get it to work. Is it possible, and if so, do I need to configure something in the tnsnames.ora on the 8i box, or use some special CREATE syntax.

Thanks in advance,
Nick. Received on Fri Apr 05 2002 - 17:53:33 CST