saving object using sequence as ID, help!

From: Henry <hxzhang_at_binary-solutions.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 22:31:13 GMT

From: "Henry" <hxzhang_at_binary-solutions.net> Subject: saving object into database with sequence as ID, help please! Date: Friday, April 05, 2002 2:42 PM

I have a table with each row corresponds to a javabean object. The objects don't
necessarily have a primary key, so i use a sequence number as its primary key, and a
trigger to assign the sequence number to its ID column when a new object is inserted
into the database.

However, after I insert the object into the table, how can i know the object's ID in the
table? If I simply do a "..._seq.cur_val", it is not safe when multiple users can access
the database and save their javabean into it at the same time.

How could you guys accomplish that? Received on Fri Apr 05 2002 - 16:31:13 CST