Re: Starting listener in Oracle 9i

From: KDS <bzgl40_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2002 14:13:45 -0800

Personal addition does indeed have a listener. However, you need to ensure that you installed the Net8 components.

You will then need to configure your listener. By default this is not the case. You can use the GUI tool "Net Manager" under the "Configuration and Migration Tools" This is all within the Oracle group found on your start menu.

You will then need to start the listener. This can be done from the Service Panel or just go to dos and type lsnrctl start.