Cached execution plans

From: Marta <mjakubo2_at_elka.pw.edu.pl>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 23:39:53 +0200

Hi,

I've found such a statement about one of new features in Oracle9i:

"Cached Execution Plans. Introduced in Oracle9i, this feature enables the Oracle server to retain the execution plans in memory as long as the SQL statement remains in library cache. In pre-Oracle9i versions, the execution plan was not retained after the statement was compiled."

I don't know what it means, what a novelty it is. I would be grateful for explanation what it consists of and what is the improvment in comparison with the 8i version.

Marta Received on Fri Apr 05 2002 - 15:39:53 CST