Re: Odd Installation Question

From: Watson Davis <watson_at_watsonmusic.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 14:02:43 -0500

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 19:35:38 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>You also may find in the documentation (I know most people don't care to
>read that, but rather rely on other sources), that Oracle 8i comes with a
>database creation assistant with the executable name dbca

Actually, I took a look on both the machines with Oracle 8i (hereafter to be known as the functioning one and the non-functioning one.) Neither installation has dbca installed.

The functioning one was installed and created by a consultant from Oracle.

Watson Received on Fri Apr 05 2002 - 13:02:43 CST