Re: 9i RAC on Windows 2000 using a SAN

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 17:57:20 GMT

9i RAC on 2000 has become *real* easy ... 1. create raw devices
- partitions - not formatted - no drive letter - to start with ... you need at least one as a voting device and config info

2. create a symbolic link for it
- use the oracle guiobjectlinkmanager tool or whatever it's named (run it from CD)

3. install the cluster manager from the RAC preinstall cd - enter the nodes to participate (public/private network etc) + the voting device (symbolic link)
- you get a cluster manager service and an oracle object service (on all nodes)
- the oracle object service takes care of the symbolic links and syncs them between the nodes

4. install 9i on one of the nodes

- installation is no different then any other
- enter the participating nodes
- at the end of the install, the software will be copied to all other nodes

5. create raw devices + symbolic links for system, temp, rbs (one per node), redo (one thread per node) etc

6. run dbca - choose clustered db, nodes, etc

7. configure RMAN 9i :-)

"Andrew Sword" <andrew.sword_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message news:3cad6788$0$11453$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...
> Hi,
> I was wondering if anyone who is running 9i RAC on Windows 2000 using a
SAN