Re: performance approach PL/sql ?

From: R Chin <rchin_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:20:35 -0500

>I plan to write a PL/SQL that basically performs a join on all the
>records and associates the row IDs of the 19 tables with the driving
>table's key and store the relationships in a new oracle table.

Sounds like something Oracle has already implemented.... they call it INDEX.

Is this query subject to repeated/constant execution ? You should tell us that.

I may be wrong, but I think you may be pretty close to violating this "rule"...."Do it with SQL if you can, otherwise do it with PL/SQL...otherwise Java sp...."

RC