HELP! need to clone a server but got stuck

From: Arash <arashamiri_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2002 04:37:59 -0800

Hi!

My problem is as followed (here is my story ;) ):

I need to set up a test server which should be a copy of the real server.

I copied the DBFs (cold, after a shutdown normal) and I backuped the controlfiles as trace.

now here comes the crucial point:

Right now my server is NOT STARTED!! When I want to open it (i.e. startup normal) "I get an ORA-01202: wrong incarnation.. (SYSTEM01.DBF) ". That means, that I can not start my server. I could not logon to my server. So I went through some newsgroups and found out that I can logon like that:

connect sys/password_at_oratest as sysdba

I did that with the server-manager.

  CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "ORATEST" NORESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG     MAXLOGFILES 32
    MAXLOGMEMBERS 2
    MAXDATAFILES 254
    MAXINSTANCES 1
    MAXLOGHISTORY 453
LOGFILE
  GROUP 1 'D:\ORADATA\ORATEST\REDO01.LOG' SIZE 1M,   ...

when I did a CREATE CONTOLFILE after a STARTUP NOMOUNT I got the following error message :

ORA-01161: database name INTRANET in file header does not match given name for of ORATEST.. (concerning the SYSTEM01.DBF)

so I went again through some newsgroups and tried the following CREATE CONTROLFILE:   CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE "ORATEST" RESETLOGS... (the rest was the same)

This time I got the following error-message: ORA-01159: file is not from same database as previous files - wrong database id
ORA-01110: data file 2: 'D:\ORA...\RBS01.DBF'

What can I do?

please help, AA. Received on Fri Apr 05 2002 - 06:37:59 CST