Re: Problem with two databases on the same system

From: Berry <berry_at_traserv.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:39:54 +0200

When I change the password for my system user in tpb. The password automatically changed by tpp (the same). So, it looks like I have one database.

# LISTENER.ORA Configuration File:/ora81/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/network/admin/listener.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = Bangkok)(PORT = 1521))
      )

(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC)) )

    )
  )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = /ora81/app/oracle/product/8.1.6)
(PROGRAM = extproc)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = tpp)
(ORACLE_HOME = /ora81/app/oracle/product/8.1.6)
(SID_NAME = tpp)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = tpb)
(ORACLE_HOME = /ora81/app/oracle/product/8.1.6)
(SID_NAME = tpb)

    )
  )

# TNSNAMES.ORA Configuration File:/ora81/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/network/admin/tnsnames.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)

    )
  )

TPP =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = Bangkok)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = tpp)

    )
  )

TPB =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = Bangkok)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = tpb)

    )
  )

# SQLNET.ORA Configuration File:/ora81/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/network/admin/sqlnet.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES)