Problem with two databases on the same system

From: Berry <berry_at_traserv.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:59:40 +0200

My english is not very good, so I hope you can read this :)

Hello,

I've installed two Oracle 8i databases on my Linux RH7.2 system. When I want to connect, from a remote system, to one of these databases I'd got a problem.

The SID-names from both databases are tpp and tpb.

So, when I log in with system/manager_at_tpp and I enter the following code:

select * from global_name;

I get the message tpp. So, that's ok.

But when I log in as system/manager_at_tpb, I get the same tpp as global name.

--

It loooks like that the listener listens to the database who is selected in the .bash_profile.

When I change de ORACLE_SID in my .profile in tpb, the global_name is tpb for both code_rules.

--

What is the problem. I want to use two differant databases. Received on Fri Apr 05 2002 - 01:59:40 CST