Re: Question about cursors

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 06:52:34 +0200

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:53:28 -0500, "sylvain tremblay" <syltrem_at_videotron.ca> wrote:

>Thanks for the good info.
>I can't use your trick to define the cursor in the package, because the
>caller is not a procedure in the package.
>This is a tool we use for our website, that calls the code to get 1st 10
>rows (and fill up a screen) then get 10 more when user presses Next Page
>button.
>
>In light of what you`re telling me, I will have to have another parameter
>holding the key value of the last row returned, and get the next rows based
>on "where key > last_key". It seems to me that`s the only way to go. If not
>please explain.
>
>Thanks.
>Syltrem

quote
>I can't use your trick to define the cursor in the package, because the
>caller is not a procedure in the package.
quote
Yes, and why can't you use the 'trick'? Because you don't know pl/sql. You can call the package from any procedure. It seems you rather want more messy code.
I would recommend reading the book of Steven Feuerstein on PL/SQL.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Apr 04 2002 - 22:52:34 CST