Re: URGENT: Need to move TS from ufs to vxfs file system

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 21:29:31 GMT

Nice ...
So what does your DBA book say about moving datafiles from the system tablespace ? (which btw can't be taken offline when the database is open) 1. shutdown the db
2. startup mount (this does not open the datafiles, but opens init.ora (nomount) & controlfiles (mount)
3. move the file (s)
4. alter database rename file 'xxxxx' to 'yyyyy' ; (this updates the controlfile)
5. alter database open (open the datafiles) 6. Bada Bing

notice the keyword 'file' in the 'alter database rename' command - so you can use it for either datafiles or redolog files ...

So basically his procedure is correct (except for the 'alter files' command ...) ...

I can hardly believe that the book doesn't mention this as this is pretty basic stuff ...

Kind regards
Koert