Re: Recover Help Please - needs more recovery

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 20:58:52 GMT

in short ...

1. you fiddled around not having clue how recovery works
2. somehow you managed to create a new controlfile
3. the new controlfile bit you in the ass because now you have to do an
incomplete recovery
4. incomplete recovery implies that you restore *all* datafiles from backup - this is necessary because a recovery can only bring datafiles forward into time and not back into time 5. you do not have a full hot backup
6. no full hot backup means no restore of all datafiles means no recovery possible
7. take a course on backup & recovery

anyhow - try setting the parameter of the last hope :

- shutdown abort your database
- open your parameter file
- add _allow_resetlogs_corruption = true
- save your parameter file
- startup mount
- recover database until cancel using backup controlfile ;
- cancel
- alter database open resetlogs
- pray the DB opens
- if it opens - export the DB, drop the DB, create the DB, import the DB

oh and don't forget to remove the parameter "_allow_resetlogs_corruption = true" in your parameter file or we'll see more of these postings in the future