Re: 9i Database Configuration Assistant hangs on windows 98

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 06:33:02 +1000

Sybrand was referring to the Enterprise Edition, which does indeed have a minimum recommendation of 512Mb.

So was I, come to that.

So you have 384Mb, and the recommended is 256Mb.

Which brings us to the issue about which you have been curiously silent: what operating system is this? Is it Linux by any chance? If so, when you say you set the memory parameters according to the documentation, what were they, and how did you set them?

The more information you provide, the more help you can expect to receive.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle : http://www.hjrdba.com