a newbie desperately need help on oracle server installation

From: karl <karl_________at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2002 11:43:23 -0800

hello, all, i am a very-very-new-newbie to oracle world, and is prepraing for certificate exam. i wonder whether i can install oracle server and client app in one same machine. does it intrigue the potential of collapse? if your gurus endorse installing them on the same machine, could anyone let me know (or refer me to documents on) how to do it? i need very very basic information on that issue, since i am a very-very-new-newbie. now allow for my stupidity in asking this final question: are oracle server and client free for downloading?

karl Received on Thu Apr 04 2002 - 13:43:23 CST