PLS-00306

From: Jim Poe <jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:04:32 -0800

I am trying to run an anonymous pl/sql block and I keep getting the error
ORA-06550: line 7, column 21:
PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to '='

The block starts out like this:

declare
  2 cursor contacts is
  3 select ctac_id from ctac;
  4 begin
  5 for vCtacID in contacts loop

  6      update ctac set ctac_id=party_seq.nextval
  7        where ctac_id = vCtacId;

This is the same structure that I have found in the pl/sql documentation and Oracle8 PL/SQL Programming.

Any ideas why I am getting this error?

--
Jim Poe
Fulcrum InteTech, Inc.