Re: Installing Oracle 8.0.4 on Windows 2000 server/professional

From: Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 14:30:32 GMT

On 3 Apr 2002 19:46:57 -0800, khikhs_at_hotmail.com (shakeel) wrote:

>I want to install ORacle 8.0.4 Enterprise on Windows 2000 server and I
>also have Windows 2000 professional, is it possible, I heard that it
>wont install on 2000 because it is for NT servers. quick help is
>appriciated
>
>Shakeel

Depending on how you define "quick", the usenet may not be the place to go for "quick" help. Due to the latency in replicating msgs from one news server to the other, I never count on getting any response in less than 24 hours.

That said, I don't belive 8.0.x (which is de-supported) is certified for any flavor of Win 2k. You can probably find out at www.oracle.com Received on Thu Apr 04 2002 - 08:30:32 CST