Re: defragment LOB tablespace

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:42:18 +0100

If you don't have enough space to export data to then you have no way to do this. On the other hand as exp runs across a network quite happily this would mean that you do not have enough disk space *anywhere* in your organisation to export your data to. If this is really the case buy a new drive or three quick.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

"Vadim Grepan" <kezal_at_mail.ru> wrote in message

> Hello damorgan!
>
> damorgan wrote:
>
> > My recommendation would be to create a new locally managed tablespace
with
> > uniform extents. Export the data and then import it into the new
> > tablespace.
> >
> > Gets rid of the current fragmentation ... and it never comes back.
>
> I've said we havn't enough disk space to create new tablespace or export
all
> data from existing one.
> Uniform extents are not in effect
>
> Rgds, Vadim Grepan
> ------------------------
> Moscow, Russia
>

> > Daniel Morgan
> >
> > Vadim Grepan wrote:
> >
> > > Hello All!
> > >
> > > We need to reload some files into BLOB-tablespace. Unfortunatly
> > > it's impossible because tablespace hasn't one large flat free
> > > extent\segment but a lot of small ones scattered around all
tablespace.

> > > Are there any way or tools to defragment *existing* BLOB-tablespace?
We