Re: To or not to hot backup the TEMP space

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:14:45 +0100

If the tablespace is a genuine temporary tablespace (and I bet it is with tempfiles not datafiles) then no. If you lose it just recreate it. no data will be lost by definition. If on the other hand it is in a permanent tablespace there may really be permanent data in there in which case t needs backing up, until you have corrected the problem.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

"Nabil Courdy" <moab88_at_emirates.net.ae> wrote in message

> Do the datafiles for the TEMP table space have to be backed up in a hot
backup?
> Currently, my script is not picking up these data files. (8.1.7 on
Solaris)