Oracle Trigger Problem

From: <ghoward_at_isx.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 21:43:22 -0500

Im having a problem with some triggers in Oracle 8i. Basically what we are trying to do is export a schema and all the tables/triggers held with and then import them into a new schema. The triggers work fine in the original schema, but they dont work when they are imported into the new schema. When a trigger is supposed to fire I get an error message saying that SCHEMA_NAME.TRIGGER_NAME cannot be resolved. In pouring through lots of documentation on java triggers I believe the problem may lie in what oracle uses as a "CLASSPATH". It seems that oracle cannot see the trigger code. Ive tried loadjava and such and that has not solved my problem. Has anyone run across something like this before or have any ideas what I need to do to get the imported triggers to work? I was under the impression that export/import would copy everything that was in the schema, including all the triggers and the trigger code and so forth.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Greg Howard Received on Wed Apr 03 2002 - 20:43:22 CST