Re: BLOBs as separate tablespace

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:46:57 +0100

you can create your table like so

create table t(id number,bincol Blob)
tablespace users
lob(bincol) store as (tablespace lob_data pctversion 0)

which will store normal data in the users tablespace and lob data in a dedicated lob tablespace. PCTVersion refers to the how much of the lob segment is dedicated to storing old versions of the lob (for read consistency reasons). 0 seems to me appropriate for lobs that are juzt stored and never updated (though they could be deleted and inserted).

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA