Re: Calling htp.* based procedures from IIS

From: Murali <oraclems_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Apr 2002 17:07:18 -0800

Daniel Yoo <dyoo_at_sfu.ca> wrote in message news:<a8d2eg$qla$1_at_morgoth.sfu.ca>...
> We currently are serving webpages from an Oracle 8.0.5 installation via
> OWS 4.0.8. The pages are written as PL/SQL procedures using the htp.*
> package. We would like to serve our pages through IIS instead of OWS.
>
> Is there any way to do this? AFAIK, there is a mod_owa package for Apache
> to interface between Apache and Oracle. Is there something similar for
> IIS?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Danny Yoo

I remember doing this a year and a half ago. In the administration section in OAS 4.0.8, there is an option to register external listeners. You can choose Netscape's web server or IIS. I think it asks you for a dll file (something like isapi.dll) and after that you will be able to use IIS to serve your htp.* procedures/packages. I cannot say much for the OAS, OWS .. App server product itself, though. Move away from it as soon as possible. It was so buggy that Oracle resorted to an open source web server (Apache) to base their current App Server on.

Murali
http://www.dbaquest.com/ Received on Tue Apr 02 2002 - 19:07:18 CST