newbie XML question

From: steve deno <sldcrew2k_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Apr 2002 06:39:29 -0800

SO, I have a user who handed me a dtd and said, "run query X and make it look like this", So, I installed the XDK for plsql (9.2 for Solaris. W/8.1.7 database) and after some time, was able to write a query and have it output XML. Now I need to be able to 1. apply the DTD I was given to the output and 2. send back an XML file.

Is this an XML transformation? Do I load the DTD into the database? Would I use UTL_FILE to get it out?

Just looking for my next steps. I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this. Any help is really appreciated.

S Received on Tue Apr 02 2002 - 08:39:29 CST