Re: RMAN and ORA-12519

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Apr 2002 06:21:40 -0800

Howard, I'd like to thank you for your reply. To answer your questions, the db was successfully mounted, lsnrctl services was ok and was registering service handlers and connections using IPC and TCP worked fine. Given all of this, read below as I figured this one out.

I figure this out late yesterday afternoon after further research deep into the bowls of Metalinks. It appears there's some sort of bug with the listener and dynamic registration, however, I had setup the database explicitly in the listener.ora. Here's the fix: 1. Comment out INSTANCE_NAME in the init.ora 2. Add event = "10258 trace name context forever, level 4" in the init.ora
3. Oracle recommends in the CONNECT_DATA portion for the db in the tnsnames.ora for it to be SERVICE_NAME = DB and not SID. However, I found this not to work and changed it back to SID. Items: 1, 2 and 3 will effectively stop the db from performing a dynamic registration.

Hope this helps anyone else running into this. Pete's