Re: I forget the Oracle password

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 2 Apr 2002 03:02:02 -0800

"Huebner, Matthias" <matthias.huebner_at_verkehrsberatung.net> wrote in message news:<3ca95969$0$15591$626a54ce_at_news.free.fr>...
> system/manager
> sys/change_on_install
> internal/oracle
>
> your db is very insecure
>
> Matthias
>
> "Yikaikai" <z_yikai_at_mail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Help me,
> > I worked as a dba but forgot the password

Yes, maybe you're right. A "DBA", who forgot his password is maybe also able to use default passwords as well. However in case that he changed his passwords (or someone did this for him), then mentioning orapwd utility is a good way to help him.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.