Re: Where to download Oracle Documentation

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 1 Apr 2002 22:19:41 -0800

"Steven Garcia" <sgarcia_at_inktomi.com> wrote in message news:<3ca8a85a$1_at_digink>...
> This may seem like a silly question but I have been searching for days and
> days for a downloadble (HTML) version of the Oracle 8i (8.1.6 or 8.1.7)
> documentation set. I've used the online HTML version several times but I
> want to download the whole set (which I know is around 500MB) so I can use
> it offline.
>
> Anyone know exactly where it is? I also don't want to use the PDF version,
> if possible.

Hey, that was pretty easy. Just go to OTN (you must be registered) and there is:
http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/products.htm. You can pick what you want, html or pdf version. Personally, I prefer PDF version because is much quicker and better for searching. HTML version can be downloaded to your HDD by any of tens utilities for offline viewing.

P.S. Sometimes is better to do some work yourself, before giving your problem to newsgroup.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.