SOS what should I do with this mess?

From: Joe Sath <dbadba62_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 02:27:00 GMT

One of my new client, their previous DBA NEVER analyze their tables even though he set his optimizer_mode = choose, the whole production is running as RULE based.

When I analyzed the database( excepte sys,system), the whole database become so slow, I have to delete all the statistics in order for the production to go on.

What should I do with it? Leave it running as rule based? It is kind of pain that you can not take advantage of cost optimizer.

What steps should I take to convert it smoothly to cost based one?

Thanks for your help Received on Mon Apr 01 2002 - 20:27:00 CST