Re: Querying on Column Length

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 21:30:34 GMT

Learn the Oracle data dictionary. It contains the answer to just about any conceivable answer to any conceivable question ... well related to the database anyway. The basic data dictionary views come in three flavours user_, all_ and dba_. As a developer you will want to use the user_ (your objects) and all_ (all objects you can access) views. For what you want look at:

user_tab_columns
and
all_tab_columns

To learn more about the dictionary views run the following query:

SELECT *
FROM dict
WHERE table_name LIKE 'ALL%'
ORDER BY table_name;