Re: Table or view holding all database objects

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 22:07:31 +0200

On 1 Apr 2002 11:28:14 -0800, frankfz_at_yahoo.com (Frank) wrote:

>Does Oracle Database has a system table or view, in which lists the
>properties of all objects regardless of owner, schema? I&#8217;m
>trying to find a similar system table, which is called sysobjects in
>MSSQL, in Oracle database.
>
>Thank you for your reponse!

dba_objects

Please forget everything you know about sqlserver, and stop trying to find the exact equivalent. You will learn Oracle faster. The definition of sysobjects might be well different from dba_objects (dba_objects only lists the properties common to all objects, it definitely doesn't list all properties)
Evidently also the contents of the data dictionary are thorougly documented in the manuals.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Apr 01 2002 - 14:07:31 CST