RMAN and ORA-12519

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Apr 2002 09:19:58 -0800

I'm using RMAN with Oracle 8.1.7.0 on Solaris 2.6 with Netbackup Datacenter 3.4.1GA and Oracle Extensions. Here's the question, I use rman nocatalog, then connect target 'internal/password_at_DBID' and scripted with a run command for a database cold backup using the control file as the catalog(for now). I'm getting ORA-12519 and the error basically says to check the services running and there are services running for the db. This worked on friday and nothing has changed. The sqlnet.ora file, tnsnames.ora and listener.ora file have not changed. Anyone have ideas? Could I be running into a bug relating to 12519 that is fixed in 8.1.7.1?

Please post your reply back to this group.

TIA
Pete's Received on Mon Apr 01 2002 - 11:19:58 CST