How stable is Oracle 8.1.7. SuSE Linux 7.3 Professional

From: Lanying & Manfred Chen-Fischer <manfis_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 13:26:43 +0200

Hello my dear friends,

as an experienced Oracle trainer I want to install an ORACLE 8i (8.1.7) database system on my Linux computer. I'm not fit in Linux, so I need three questions to be answered!

  1. Linux SuSE 7.3. Professional: Is this operating system stable enough to work with Oracle 8i (8.1.7)
  2. Oracle software already downloaded from Technet Oracle: Is this software stable?
  3. Is there any reliable procedure (may be with screenshots included) fit enough to be adapted to install Oracle?

I wish you all a happy Easter feast!

With regards

Manfred Fischer
Achern

Germany Received on Sun Mar 31 2002 - 05:26:43 CST