Re: Setting Linux Kernel Parameters

From: samy atoui <s.atoui_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:19:15 +0100

Hello Howard,
the "clean way" is to consider your run-levels as another poster mentioned.
Advantage: you have fine-grained control which scripts are executed. eg run-levels on RH box (may vary if you use another distribution):

cat /etc/inittab

#
# inittab       This file describes how the INIT process should set up
#               the system in a certain run-level.
#
# Author:       Miquel van Smoorenburg, <miquels_at_drinkel.nl.mugnet.org>
#               Modified for RHS Linux by Marc Ewing and Donnie Barnes
#

# Default runlevel. The runlevels used by RHS are:
#   0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
# 1 - Single user mode
# 2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have networking)
#   3 - Full multiuser mode
#   4 - unused
#   5 - X11
#   6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#

id:3:initdefault:

# System initialization.
si::sysinit:/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit