Re: Setting Linux Kernel Parameters

From: Y <y_at_y.y>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 05:01:04 GMT

Hi, Howard,
My knowing about Linux is even less than that of Oracle server. Anyway I found the following which I think you may try:

To set the msgmni kernel parameter at boot time, append the following lines to /etc/sysctl.conf:
 # Sets maximum number of message queues to 128  # Set this to 1024 or higher on production systems  kernel.msgmni = 128

I think it is the same thing for shm or semaphore.

Regards,