Re: What to do? - When optimizer hints cannot be added

From: Kyle <kyle_at_gadgets.co.nz.nospam>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:53:56 +1200

How flexible is the third party? They may supply a point release especially for you with hints included. Hey, we can all wish.....

What hints are you thinking of as there are some init.ora parameters that can influence the optimizer into going down road A or road B. Say for example if your multiblock read count is very high, this can make it favourable to do FTScans. Saying that, fiddling with that, could end up being swings and roundabouts.

Would really need to know what HINT you wanted to add.

Regards,
Kyle
www.gadgets.co.nz