Re: V$SESSION Status = SNIPED ???

From: Kyle <kyle_at_gadgets.co.nz.nospam>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:48:34 +1200

Hi,

check your init.ora.

You should have a parameter resource_limit = true and then somewhere in a profile there must be and idle_time set.

Basically idle users that have been timed out. They take up sessions. Oracle releases when the user has confirmed or receives the message that they have been booted. If you run oracle as a dedicated server atop of unix you can kill these fellas.......

select p.spid from v$process p,v$session s where s.paddr=p.addr and s.status='SNIPED';

# kill -9 <list of processes>

That should clear the shadow process and get you a login session back. If it is not giving you any grief when you login then I wouldn't bother doing anything. They will be cleared if you bounce your instance for say a COLD backup. Check your alert.log for any related errors.

Regards,
Kyle