Re: simple PL/SQL Question: deleting repeated rows

From: R Chin <rchin_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 18:39:41 -0500

Pardon me, but your question is totally crazy...looks like you just started with database period.
First are we really talking about a one ROW table ? or a one COLUMN table ?

I assume you mean one column (to keep my sanity)...well in this case your question is *irrelevent* (ie don't make sense) Rows in relational database are not returned in any specific order. so theoratically tomorrow your result could be.... B

So you really want the "repetition" that you are seeing on your screen (right now) DELETED ?
This is not a real life task you're required to do, is it ?

Now if you really mean "NOT DISPLAY" then it only take a tiny procedure/function.

RC