Re: 64-bit or 32-bit word size?

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Mar 2002 13:30:22 -0800

Check out metalinks, they'll tell you to do the following:

On Solaris, go to your $ORACLE_HOME/bin and execute the following command at the os
SOLARIS>file oracle

I get the following output:
oracle: ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, n
If it's running 64bit, you'll get a mention of it in here. The other way in which i've found is fire up sqlplus and on the header text that comes out for every login, it should show 64bit in the message.

HTH,
Pete's