Re: Management Server...Basic Question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 22:19:21 +0100

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:22:16 -0500, "R. Brown" <semper66_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Actually I am not receiving any errors at all.I apologize for not enough
>information.
>This is a testing environment using Oracle on W2K Advanced Server/SP2
>I have tried that user name and password and receive the following error
>message.
>
>The only message I receive is when I try to contact to the management
>server.
>
>VTK-1000 Unable to connect to the management server
>chattanooga.serverexpress.com
>Please verify that you have entered the correct host name and the status of
>the Oracle Management Server.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>Ron

You will get this error when you didn't create an Oracle Enterprise Manager repository in the Management Server. Please use the OEM repository creation assistant to do so.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Mar 28 2002 - 15:19:21 CST