Re: How to Startup Shutdown Oracle 8i

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:42:31 +0100

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:13:47 GMT, Daniel Morgan <danmorg_at_sc.rr.com> wrote:

>How do you start up and shutdown Oracle 8i (8.1.7) on red hat linux 7.2
>on demand?
>
>When I try, it says I have insufficient privileges.
>
>Also, what is the password for internal for a newly installed oracle
>database server. I installed the starter database that comes with the
>enterprise edition. I have the passwords for sys, system, and scott though.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Daniel

In a properly installed system you won't need a password for internal. The insufficient privileges message is a result of the improper install.
That said if you need a password for internal, the default password is 'oracle' as is documented and flashes on your screen during every install.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Mar 28 2002 - 11:42:31 CST