Migrating Sybase 11.92 to Oracle 8i

From: Bahman Forotanrad <bahman_forotanrad_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2002 09:40:27 -0800

Hi,
I am in the process of migrating every thing from Sybase 11.92 to Oracle 8i. I realize that there are a number of things to look for such as data types, reserved words, built-in functions,....

I was initially considering using DBArtisan or (bcp - SQL*Loader) to move DDLs, and data over to Oracle. However, I came across "omwb" which works fine. I have a few questions. 1. Is there a way to move user stored procedures over with little or no modification?

2. I also have a lot of perl scripts that use sybperl to get data, I noticed that there is an equivalent interface for Oracle oraperl". Does this work the same way? Does anyone have any samples to share?

3. Any other issues that I need to be concerned with for a successful migration?

I appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
B. Received on Thu Mar 28 2002 - 11:40:27 CST