Re: database doesn't shutdown , help needed

From: Bruce <bduff_at_condenast.co.uk>
Date: 28 Mar 2002 07:02:09 -0800

DBSNMP is not running on this database.

Something is definitely hanging it but I'm not sure exactly what. Even with the trace file being set before a manual shutdown abort it does not give a of info. What would be good would be to run a script that kills all sessions running to make sure it shuts cleanly.

Does anyone out there know if Statspack jobs can cause this error. This is the only thing I can think of at this moment that has been added since these problems have started.

Thanks
Bruce