Re: Degree of parallelism for dbms_stats

From: Gilles Florentin <gilles_florentin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2002 05:17:52 -0800

Thanks for this informations.

We experiment a lack of memory on the Unix box (Compaq Alpha server GS60, 2 Gb RAM, 6 CPUs*700Mhz, running Tru64 5.1 in a 2 nodes cluster environment) when performing an analyze of a "big" table (140 millions rows, 12.5 Gb) by using DBMS_STATS, with a degree of 12. As the free memory is near 0, a cluster management service decides to stop and restart the database. That is the reason why I wanted to find out the "optimal" value for the DOP.

Thanks.