Re: Starting Oracle "Intelligent" Agent

From: zongk Tu <jpseo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 02:54:43 GMT

Kevin;

Looks like you do not have the snmp daemon ruuning on your system...

Try to find a OS supplied script called "snmpdm" or something similar....

On HP-Ux, it's in /sbin/init.d ...
Then all you have to do is execute it as ROOT...

e.g. /sbin/init.d/snmpdm

Then verify snmpdm is running with

ps -ef | grep snmp | grep -v grep

This basicaly starts the Master SNMP agent, under which dbsnmp spawns ...

If you still have problems, check which process is hogging the snmp port 161 & 162

netstat -a | grep 161

With snmp dead, this should return nothing...

HTH

--
Zongk Tu

Oracle Apps DBA/Unix SA