Re: Migrate Oracle 7.3.2.1 from VMS to AIX

From: Yang <yg.yang_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:25:18 +0100

Hi,
I suppose you have at least 8.1.7.x Oracle at your AIX RS/6000. Without any informations about your database design, I think you should consider :

  1. do not use sqlnet/listener to replicate any tables for a such migration procedure, especially when you have 2Go tables.
  2. use export/import method
  3. do preparations as complete as possible, I don't know if you talk about a production database. many facteurs are to be considered during a migration : what are the complexity of your database (use of constraints, trigger, crossing-grant etc) ?
  4. consider also your backup method and the time.

HTH
G. Yang
Oracle DBA.