Re: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:35:09 -0600

That indicates a network problem - Are there different routers for the client and server; If so, be sure the router(s) between the host server and the target server do not block the packets...( Firewall maybe ? ) Or maybe the address cannot be resolved by the server ( not using DNS or some such) so try using explicit dot notation for the host address in the tnsnames.ora file on the server...

try it also without sqlnet.ora