Re: developer 6i installation problem

From: zongk Tu <jpseo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 04:49:30 GMT

Paul;

Looks like you are getting buried in all that garbage..:-) ..

There are only three things to keep in mind..

  1. start the listener for your 9i nstance
  2. $ORACLE_HOME for the 6i forms is something like..

/u01/app/oracle/product/6i/

so create appropriate tnsnames.ora in /u01/app/oracle/product/6i/network/admin

c. $ORACLE_HOME for the 6i reports is something like..

/u01/app/oracle/product/6i/6iserver

so create appropriate tnsnames.ora in
/u01/app/oracle/product/6i/6iserver/network/admin

Do not forget the last line being..

repserver=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=ip_address)(PORT=1949)

Then having set coreect environment variables for each home,

execute "tnsping 9i_DB_Servicename" from each & verify connectivity to DB

Then assuming you have also installed Apache in your d2k home,

you can execute something like

http://localhost:port/dev60html/formsrun.html &

http://localhost:port/dev60html/reprun.html to test..

Of course, you gotta put the http virtual path in your httpd.conf like

/dev60html/ ===>> /u01/app/oracle/product/6i/6iserver/tools/web60/html/

That's it..

HTH

--
Zongk Tu