Can one accumulate records in SQL that are NOT in the WHERE clause?

From: Yvonne G <hlngus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2002 16:01:46 -0800

Greetings,

Is it possible to display accumulated values that are NOT in the detail?

I have a table named with 3 current period records, and 5 records from earlier periods. I want to show the 3 records in detail, but also include the 5 records as a ytd summary.

Example: The columns in the Table1 are acct_num, end_date , and count1.

The desired report:

Acct_num  End_date        Count1
A1234     Period 3 week 1     10
A1234     Period 3 week 2     20

          Period total        30

          YTD    total       500 (if records for periods 1 & 2 totaled
470).

Thanks for any insight into this. Received on Tue Mar 26 2002 - 18:01:46 CST